How We Run Our Camps
Vex Camps / I.Q Camps
- Five day camp (Monday through Friday from 8 am to 12 pm
- Vex is offered to campers in grades 5th - 8th and I.Q is offered to campers in grades 3rd - 6th
- Groups of 3 to 4 campers
- Campers will compete for awards
- Snacks will NOT be provided
- Both the Vex and I.Q camps run alongside each other
- Competition on Friday at 10:00am (Parents are encouraged to come and watch)
- Rides will NOT be provided
- Campers will be given an introduction to what Vex robotics is and how they are used.
- Campers will start to build the base of their robot (the drivetrain).
- Campers will be given a detailed explanation of the Vex challenge by their provided mentor.
- Campers will be given a copy of the rules and how the game is played so they can study it at home.
- Campers will finish their drivetrain and start to prototype and build their arm for their robot.
- Campers will be given instructions to know how to program their robot for the next day.
- Campers will finish their arm and start to program their robot.
- Campers will learn how to program both autonomous and teleoperated portions of their robot.
- After programming their robot, campers will start to practice driving their robot on the competition
- Practice matches will begin.
- Campers will continue to drive their robot. After each camper has a chance to drive their robot, the
group will decide a main driver for the competition.
- Qualification matches will begin. Campers will be given specific instructions to how a competition
match will operate .
- Qualification matches will come to an end and then we start to pick alliances for the elimination matches.
- At 10:00 am, parents are invited to come and see their child compete in the elimination matches
- Awards ceremony
- End of camp